Sunday, January 18, 2009

Nightmares

Recently I've been having some awful nightmares. For the past few days, I've been dreaming that I've missed classes. Not skipped them, but like I completely forgot about the classes in the first place. And in my dreams, this went on for weeks. Weeks where, apparently, I would just completely forget about going to class. I don't know what I did instead, but I guess I wasn't going to class. The strange thing is I've had multiple dreams of this type. Dreams where I only miss one week of classes, or specific classes, and the worst dream was when I skipped about half a semester's worth and received midterm grades where I got 2 A's, 2 B's and 1 C. All of these dreams have been incredibly upsetting too.

I think partly the issue is everyone I know has gone back to school, except me (and my friends at my Undergrad school). We don't start until Jan. 20th. I guess that just has been throwing me off.

The other part I think that has contributed to these dreams is that - I'm a nerd, obviously. I mean, dreaming about freaking out about missing classes. Seriously, who does that? Especially since I've already been accepted to some great law schools and really, this next semester, doesn't matter so much, grades-wise that is. Of course, I won't slack off...much. Just, yeah. Long story short, I'm a nerd. Could be worse I suppose. And by worse, I mean I went to a club last night with some friends and saw an erotic hypnotist (umm, yeah...a story for another time) but just listening to the people in line... good grief. I'm a little surprised that natural selection hasn't gotten to them yet. A couple of tidbits I remember:

A girl: "OMG those lasers are making me trip balls." wtf and oh, there were NO lasers...

A guy talking to his friends: "Yeah, just have sex with her. Then it's done. You don't have to talk to her again..."

A little later he uttered these gems, "It (sex) doesn't count if it's consensual. It says so in the bible. It only counts as a sin if it's not (consensual), then it's just sex." Again, wtf.

Oh...wow. That's all I've got.

No comments: