Monday, September 28, 2009

A New Week Begins!

Last week I wrote about being in the negotiation competition. My team got 2nd. We're pretty excited about it. I think we get to go on to Regionals, but I'm not sure. It's also exciting because we were the only 1L team in the finals. There is a weird thing at the law school where the 2L's seem to be angry at the 1L's just in general, for whatever reason, so it was pretty exciting, as a 1L, to beat some of the 2Ls. Plus I like winning anyway, haha. I'm way too competitive for my own good, but oh well.

As for the boy, I think that's over before it began, thank goodness. He's nice, but I don't know. I don't know him, that's the problem. I like to know people, to be comfortable with them before I can even consider anything else. It's a slow process with me. Plus, I'm really independent. I like being on my own.

Classes are alright. The day after I found out that my team (it's just me and another 1L) got 2nd, I of course, got called on by Prof. Civ Pro and Prof. Torts. I wish I could say that I knew all the right answers in those classes, but I didn't. I got Prof. Civ Pro's last question, but mucked up the first two and I was fine in Prof. Torts because he just wanted the facts of the case and so on. Oh well though. It's not the end of world, like you think, when you get the answer wrong in class. No one points at you and laughs and the professor doesn't yell that you don't belong there. The sky doesn't fall. Prof. Civ Pro just lectured a bit, asked again until I gave her answer that was close to what she wanted. At least on the last question I got it right, of course it was the easiest question too, but hey, I'll take it.

Hopefully this week will be less crazy than last. I need to be studying torts this week... my first law midterm (torts) is next week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on tearing up the negotiation comp!!!