Sunday, August 31, 2008

Football and Brotherly Love

We won the football game. It got a little close for comfort in a few spots, but we won. My family was a little disappointed because they had expected the game to be a blow out and it wasn't, but the other opponent was ranked too and is a great team as well. Anyway, the win may not have been the best part about the game. My dad has a friend who works for a multi-billionaire so we got to watch the game from a box suite.

It was beautiful. I felt like I had died and gone to heaven, seriously. The view of the field was outstanding, there was chips, chex mixes, potato chips, and peanuts everywhere. Free sodas and beers were in the fridge (access to a fridge!!). And maybe the best part about it, the suite had it's own bathroom. Heck yes. It was amazing. The whole thing was amazing.

It was great hanging out with my family too. My family is great. My parents are supportive and I get alone well with my younger brother (there is only a three year difference between us). He's great. He's a senior in high school, but he acts so mature. What I really admire about him is his convictions. He defends his beliefs and doesn't back down to pressure. I wasn't that strong in high school and I'm not even sure I am now, but this kid... he won't bend. He has no desire to drink, ever and honestly believe he won't. Unless he makes the decision (on his own) to drink. I seriously doubt he will drink because his friends want him to, if he ever does, it'll be because he wants to. I admire that. A lot.

I've been editing my personal statement today. This will be my fourth edit on the thing. I'm so tired of it. I dread doing it. To make matters worse, some of the law schools I'm applying to want their applicants to include why they want to attend the school in their personal statements. The personal statement I've been working on is a broad one, which means this fourth edit will not be my final edit.

I just want to be done with the thing.

No comments: