Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Summer of Sacrifice

On Sunday, my baby brother graduated from high school!

He, his girlfriend, and I had our graduation reception altogether. It was really great to see the family. My great Aunt and Uncle from Florida even came up. That really meant a lot to me.

Then today was my first day of work. I mainly just scan documents all day, but it isn't too bad, once you get into the rhythm. Plus I can come and go as I please and I can listen to my ipod and drink diet cokes. I also put in a couple of job applications for the evenings and the weekends. Mostly because... well two of my good friends are home for the summer, I don't really talk to Clementine much anymore, and Amelia spends her free time with her boyfriend or her other friends, because in her words "we see each other all the time anyway" which translates to be maybe one or two lunch dates a week, but oh well. I already brought this up with her and that did not go well at all.

I think this will just be a summer of all work and no play. Which is fine as long as I make enough money to buy a new laptop, my books, and have money left over for the school year by the end of summer.

No comments: