Monday, May 11, 2009

List of 10

Mostly because I wanted to, here is a list of 10 random things about me.

1.) I love to make lists. It is the easiest way I have found to organize my mind and everything that needs to get done. I'm constantly making to-do lists and if you ever see me in person, you'll see these lists on my left hand.

2.) I used to watch the news (MSNBC and CNN) almost every day. I craved the information, I like to know what's going on in the world. But, anymore, I have found that the biases in the talking heads has began to bug me. I just want to know what is going on, not everyone's opinion about it!

3.) I don't kill insects. Even when I see one walking in my house, I'll just let it go. A few years ago, I stepped on a bug in front of my Dad and he asked me why I stepped on it. I didn't really have a response, truthfully, I just killed it because it was a bug. It wasn't even a spider, I just assumed that is what you do to bugs. Now, I just let them go. If they're not attacking me, I'm not going to attack them.

4.) I could eat cheese and peanut butter (not together) every single day. Happily I would do this too.

5.) I have never seen The 40 Year Old Virgin . Sometimes I feel like the only person in the world who hasn't.

6.) I love love love animals. I want a puppy more than anything else in the world.

7.) I have never met anyone famous, but my parents once rode an elevator with Tom Brokaw and saw the Reverend Al Sharpton when they got off the elevator, all in the same day. That is the closest brush with celebrity that my family has experienced.

8.) I am an economics major. Many of my friends are business majors, but almost all of them wish they were engineering majors now. I like my major, my only wish is that I would have double majored with sociology. Either way, I'd still be going to law school now. I just really liked my sociology classes.

9.) My friends say that the best quality of mine is my loyalty. I'm intensely loyal to my friends. You can say whatever you want to me to hurt my feelings and I'll be fine, but insult my friends? Bad, bad idea. That's all I'm going to say.

10.) I hate mushrooms, onions, and eggs. Though I will eat eggs smothered in cheese and salsa. I wish I liked mushrooms and onions though. I feel like a pain in restaurants when I'm always asking the waiter/waitress for 'no onions and no mushrooms' on my food.

Oh, and final count: 3 rejections, 2 waitlists, and 9 acceptances. The highest ranked school I got into is at 55 on the US News and World Report list (if you want to take that as your guide). So I'm pretty pleased. I have no desire to practice in New York, Los Angeles, or Chicago. I'd like to stay in the region I'm in (I'd like to stay close to my family) and I do not dream of BIGlaw. The school I will be attending in the fall won't cost me much. I'll graduate without any loans in my name and I'll be graduating from a respected low tier 1/high tier 2 school in the region I want to practice in.

And, in even better news, I graduate in 5 days!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Graduating is so exciting!
I was almost an Econ minor, but it was just a little too much math for me (I was Poli/Sci) :D
Graduating without student debt is HUGE! I just got updated notices on what I owe from undergrad/law school to date...very exciting *not*.
Enjoy your graduation!

i.don't.wear.skinny.jeans said...

Sounds like you had a pretty amazing cycle! Congratulations on graduating...it's time to celebrate!!!!