Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Landlord, cont.

So, we (my roommate and I) moved out of our apartment on Saturday. None of the back up plans came through. We just loaded our things into her uncle's moving truck and there they will remain until this Saturday when we move into our new apartment with a NEW landlord.

Speaking of the old landlord my roommate did a walk through our old apartment with him yesterday. She said that he could have been described as rude at best. He didn't comment on the plant growing up through the carpet in the living room, rather he obsessed and tried to blame us for the bright orange carpet stains. Stains that were there when we moved in, that we complained about, wrote about on the comment sheet when we moved in, and that my roommate took pictures of the day she moved in. So obviously not stains we made while living in the apartment... I don't know if we're going to get our deposit back but I'm getting to the point where I don't care. I just don't want to deal with him anymore, but then again... the whole situation just pisses me off. I feel powerless, frustrated and like I'm being taken advantage of because of my age or something like that. It's ridiculous. And they are going to do this to other college age tenants as well because they can obviously get away with ripping people off.

Also, those with Mac's, do you know how to make it so the font stops changing sizes when you move the mouse? Cause, ummm, I'm having a problem with that.

To the new apartment, I'm thinking of putting this for my new bedroom. My bed spread is a black damask pattern with some gold in it, so I figure the Klimt art pattern on the wall would be a nice complement. Then again, I want to get a cream and light blue rug for the room... Eh. It'll all work together, some way.

Good luck to bar takers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, put two fingers on the trackpad and pull them together to decrease the font and apart to increase the font. I kept accidentally doing that when I first started using my Mac, but now it's under control...