Friday, November 7, 2008

Craziness

I can understand not voting for Obama because of his tax cuts or because he's inexperienced or because of his lack of military knowledge, but my parents chose to not vote for him (and are now extremely upset that he won) because they say he's a terrorist.

Call me crazy, but I don't think the American people would have elected a terrorist, I don't think the media would have let that little fact just slip by, but my parents are convinced that they did. I tried to rationalize this with my dad today but he was having none of it. Which really makes me sad because between my parents, my dad is the rational one. He was the one I would always discuss politics with because we had different opinions we could have a calm discussion about it and that meant a lot to me. Now I feel as if I can't discuss politics with him or my mom because they aren't thinking rationally right now.

It makes me sad that I can't share this monumental historical event with them and discuss it with them. I've always valued what they have had to say and I feel like that is loss right now because they are so upset that McCain lost. I tried to discuss with my dad the fact that Palin didn't know that Africa was a continent, but he just wouldn't hear it.

On the brightside, he did say that he thought California should have failed Prop 8 (No to H8). So, maybe there is some hope.

No comments: